Unwind with a bit of downtime on Fraser - and stay for a pre and post night in our Wilderness Lodges. You'll get to explore Fraser's awesome western beaches, have access to resort amenities and the famous Dingo Bar... and if you're in to nature - there are some great self guided walks in World Heritage wilderness.
Our 3 day Cool Dingo tours are available with extra nights to connect with coach transfers. Bus departs Brisbane daily at 12.20pm from in front of the Roma Street Transit Centre, then on the last day catch the 7.50 am Kingfisher Ferry to meet the 8.50 am shuttle departure from Hervey Bay back to Brisbane.
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Cool Dingo Tours. Please ask when booking or talk to your tour guide.
- Price: $884 quad or $1025 twin/double
- Includes 3 Day / 2 Night Cool Dingo Tour; PLUS
- Return coach transfers BNE-HVB-BNE.
- 2 extra nights accommodation.
- 2 extra breakfasts and dinners.
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included.
We recommend you arrive to the departure point at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time. Pick ups are also available from Brisbane Airport - but must be pre-booked.
|Con-X-ion departure time/s |
Bus Stop 125, 161 Roma Street, Brisbane.
This is located on the street outside the Brisbane Transit Centre (Roma Street Railway Station) and is opposite the entrance to the Police Building on Roma Street.
|Transfers and ferry departure time/s |
The Con-X-ion service arrives directly to the River Heads Mainland Reception, where passengers are met by the Kingfisher Bay Resort Shuttle and transferred to the Ferry departure point.
|Return from Hervey Bay to Brisbane: |
Catch the 7.50am Kingfisher Ferry to meet the 8.50am Con-X-ion shuttle service arriving back in Brisbane at approximately 2.20pm.
The bus from Brisbane will drop you straight to the River Heads Mainland Reception, where you will be met by the Kingfisher Bay Resort Shuttle to meet the next ferry to Fraser Island.
After a 50 minute cruise across the waters of the Great Sandy Marine park to Fraser Island; you'll arrive at Kingfisher Bay Resort to check in to your Wilderness Lodge accommodation. Keep your eyes peeled for turtles, dugong and dolphin... we've also been known to spot Humpback Whales in the calm waters off Hervey Bay.
You'll have time to chill out with new mates, relax or explore the resort, before your all-you-can-eat buffet dinner at the Dingo Bar and a comfy night's rest. Plus, there's a regular shuttle service between the lodges and resort - you just need to check transfer times with resort reception.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 1' 4WD TOUR
Enjoy a little sleep in and big buffet breakfast, then meet your Cool Dingo ranger-Guide and the rest of your group at the Jetty Hut at 9.30am (other Cool Dingo passengers will also arrive from the 9.00am ferry). After group introductions and a quick briefing, your 4WD, Fraser Island adventure begins!
Your guide is a font of knowledge about Fraser Island and will regale you with fact and figures; local legends and the odd tall story - but is also passionate about the island's history, fauna and flora. Keep an eye out for an abundance of bird life - including the white-bellied sea eagle... and you never know when you'll spot a dingo!
Your Cool Dingo guide stays with you for the entire tour and is in charge of making it fun...or the cool dingo eats his hat!
Today we check out some of Fraser Island's coolest inland sights - sub-tropical rainforest; sapphire-blue lakes ringed with golden sand and whispering creeks!.
- Basin Lake - first stop is an easy walk into beautiful Basin Lake - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles or just enjoy being here! Basin Lake gets it's name from being Basin-shaped, so it is easy to remember in your photos.
- Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a once- bustling, former logging camp. This is the historical heart of the island - and there are some interesting stories and displays if the mood takes you.
- Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent, completely clear creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... it's simply breathtaking. If you didn't know the creek was there... you just might miss it.
- Pile Valley - Bark paths carve their way through giant satinay trees in this sub-tropical forest... it has such a Jurassic feel!
- Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, Lake McKenzie is a must-do on any Fraser Island tour. Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim, walk along the banks or use the fine sand granules to polish your jewellery before you board your 4WD bus back to Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO 'DAY 2' 4WD TOUR
Today's an early start as we set out to explore all the attractions in and around Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most beautiful beach highway - well we think so!
- Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip on a warm Queensland day! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek - which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily - to the seaside.
- Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this hulking wreck is one of Fraser Island's essential photo stops. And the best thing is that it is moody and beautiful no matter what the time of day or what Mother Nature is doing on the day.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - This is an awesome example of the diversity of minerals within the sand... you'll see all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds, oranges, ochres and creams really)... and there's a great Butchulla story behind it's creation.
- Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland - one of the only rocky spots on this sandy isle and the place where Captain Cook first spotted Fraser - for awesome views stretching north and south. It's also the perfect spot to look out for sharks, turtles, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
- Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools and just enjoy being here!
Did you know Air Fraser offers scenic flights over the island - they're great for a bird's eye view and pics for your travelling diary. You can book onboard with your guide (extra cost applies).
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 3' 4WD TOUR
A relaxed day visiting a few of Fraser Island's lesser known treasures.
- Lake Wabby - walk through cool rainforest to beautiful emerald-green Wabby, Fraser Island's deepest lake and a favourite swimming hole. Keep an eye out for the friendly catfish.
- Hammerstone Sandblow - trek over one of Fraser's vast desert-like sand blows to the seaside... no wonder it's the world's largest sand island!
- Eurong Beach Resort - for lunch we head to Eurong for an Aussie-style all-you-can-eat buffet lunch. There's also great coffees in the bakery (if you've been missing your fix) and a souvenir shop, so you can show the family back home what you've been up too.
- Lake Birrabeen - if you loved Lake McKenzie then Birrabeen will allure you with its sparkling clear waters and dazzling white beaches... you won't be able to resist a dip... we think it's a great way to finish the tour!
Includes buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The last day
After spending an extra night on Fraser to recharge your batteries, you'll enjoy an early buffet breakfast before your return to Brisbane. You'll need to catch the 7.50am ferry from Kingfisher Bay Resort to meet the 8.50am Con-X-ion shuttle service arriving back in Brisbane at approximately 2.20pm. If you have a flight that's leaving around 1230, we thoroughly recommend you catch the 07.50am ferry back to Hervey Bay.
Includes buffet breakfast.
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions.