Two days and one night of action packed fun on one of the world's most beautiful sand islands... you'd be mad not to book it! Your two-day action packed adventure takes in some of the island's most iconic sites and our fun guides will give you as much (or as little) information as you want. Get ready for blue skies, golden sands, fresh air and plenty of laughs! And don't forget your camera!
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Cool Dingo Tours. Please ask when booking or talk to your tour guide.
- Price: $375 quad or $430 twin/double
- 2 days of guided 4WD bus tours.
- 1 night accommodation.
- 1 breakfast + 2 lunches + 2 dinners.
- Return ferry transfers.
- Pick up & drop of from your local accommodation.
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included.
- Depart Fraser Island on the 8.30pm ferry to Hervey Bay.
Extra meals, great price, great savings.
Head to Fraser the day before your 4WD tour starts - no unpacking and repacking your gear, no need to organise meals...save time and enjoy a sleep in!
Or stay an extra day after your tour to relax and enjoy this World Heritage wilderness.
- Price: $85 quad or $123 twin/double
- 1 extra nights accommodation
- 1 extra breakfast and dinner
Discover all the wonderful natural sites that have combined to make Fraser Island not only World Heritage-listed, but also a must-see on any East Coast travelling itinerary. Here's a snapshot of what's in store...
Departs 9.00am daily
Your Cool Dingo Tour departs at 9.00am on the Kingfisher Bay Resort passenger Ferry. Please make sure you check in to the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal (at River Heads) by 8.15am, or let us know where you're staying and we'll pick you up between 7.00 and 8.00am - that's nice and easy!
The cruise to Fraser Island takes around 50 minutes across the Great Sandy Strait - so keep your eyes peeled for playful dolphins, turtles or the elusive dugong. Your Cool Dingo Ranger-Guide will meet you at the resorts' jetty and after your group introductions and a quick briefing, your 4WD adventure begins!
You'll need to have a day-pack ready (with everything you'll need for the day's touring) before you check in at the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal, as your tour starts as soon as you arrive on Fraser Island.
Your main backpack or other luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge storage area for you to collect in the afternoon. Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses, essential medication and your camera. Water will be provided, but a water bottle is always handy.
What you'll see
Your guide is a Fraser expert and is passionate about the island. You'll be whisked off over sand tracks to explore some of the island's most beautiful, natural spots - but they'll also wow you with fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora.
Keep an eye out for dingoes, plus we have more than 354 species of birds, and migrating humpback whales can often be seen off the eastern beach from July to November!
On a Cool Dingo tour, your guide stays with you for the entire trip - and they guarantee a fun and entertaining time... or the cool dingo eats his hat!
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 1' 4WD TOUR
Today we check out some of Fraser Island's coolest inland sights.
- Basin Lake - first stop is a walk to beautiful Basin Lake along sand tracks - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles in this gorgeous little dune lake.
- Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
- Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... it's Mother Nature at her best!
- Pile Valley - check out the towering, red satinay trees in this rich sub-tropical forest... real giants!
- Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards. Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim before heading back to Kingfisher Bay.
Includes picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 2' 4WD TOUR
An early start to explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most amazing beach highway. As this is our last day don't forget to leave your luggage at the Wilderness Lodge storage area for our porters.
- Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip on a warm Queensland day! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek - which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily - to the seaside.
- Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser's most iconic photo stops.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop.
- Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome beach and ocean views... look out for sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
- Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won't want to leave!
- Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies).
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
The tour returns to Kingfisher Bay Resort in the late afternoon. Wind down and enjoy a relaxed dinner before departing on the at 8.30pm ferry back to Hervey Bay, arriving at approximately 9.30pm... then we'll drop you straight to your Hervey Bay accommodation for some well earned rest!
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions.