Bring a sense of adventure and get ready for some laughs as you embark on three action-packed days on the world's largest sand island. You'll discover Fraser Island's iconic spots - beautiful Lake McKenzie, the historical heart of Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek, golden dunes, fresh water creeks, rusting ship wrecks... and if time permits our guides might show you some of their own special spots!
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Cool Dingo Tours. Please ask when booking or talk to your tour guide.
- Price: $490 quad or $555 twin/double
- 3 days of guided 4WD bus tours.
- 2 nights accommodation.
- 2 breakfasts + 3 lunches + 2 dinners.
- Return ferry transfers.
- Pick up & drop of from your local accommodation.
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included.
- Depart Fraser Island on the 5pm ferry to Hervey Bay or travel to Rainbow Beach.
Extra meals, great price, great savings.
Take time out from your hectic pace and head to Fraser the day before your 4WD tour starts. You won't have to unpack and repack your gear straight away, we'll help organise meals... and you can enjoy a sleep in or explore more!
Or stay an extra day after your tour to relax with new mates before you hit the road again.
- Price: $85 quad or $123 twin/double
- 1 extra nights accommodation
- 1 extra breakfast and dinner
Get ready for the time of your life on the world's largest sand island... we've golden beaches, secluded dune lakes, sub-tropical rainforest, awesome guides... and Fraser Island's famous dingoes - all we're waiting for is you!
Departs 9.00am daily
Your Cool Dingo Tour departs at 9.00am on the Kingfisher Bay Resort Ferry. Make sure you check in to the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal (at River Heads) by 8.15am, or, for a hassle free alternative, please let us know where you're staying and we'll pick you up between 7.00 and 8.00am. The ferry ride to Fraser Island, across the Great Sandy Strait, around 50 minutes. Your Cool Dingo Ranger Guide will meet you at the resort's jetty and after the group introductions and a quick briefing, your 4WD adventure on Fraser begins!
You'll need to have a day-pack ready before you check in at the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal, as your tour starts as soon you get to Fraser Island. Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, essential medication and of course a camera in your day bag! Your main backpack or other luggage will be delivered to the Wilderness Lodge storage area for you to collect in the afternoon.
What you'll see
Your guide is a local who is passionate about Fraser Island and will not only take you to the island's most incredible spots, but also wow you with fascinating facts (as much or as little as you'd like) about the island's history, fauna and flora. They'll also keep an eye out for dingoes and other interesting wildlife and are happy to stop for photo stops when they spot things!
Your Cool Dingo guide stays with you for the entire tour and promise to give you a fun time or the cool dingo eats his hat!
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 1' 4WD TOUR
Today we check out some of Fraser's coolest, sub-tropical inland sights.
- Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards.
- Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
- Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... it's simply breathtaking.
- Pile Valley - check out the giant Satinay trees and imagine their timbers lining the Suez Canal.
- Basin Lake – enjoy a forest walk into beautiful Basin Lake - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles - in this delightful perched dune lake before heading back to Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Includes picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 2' 4WD TOUR
An early start to explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most gorgeous beach highway.
- Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek - which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily - to the seaside.
- Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser Island's iconic photo stops. You won't be disappointed.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds, oranges, ochres and creams really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop.
- Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome island and ocean views... look out for sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
- Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won't want to leave!
- Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies).
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 3' 4WD TOUR
A relaxed day visiting a few of Fraser's lesser well known beauty spots. As this is our last day on island, don't forget to leave your luggage at the Wilderness Lodge storage area for our porters.
- Lake Wabby - walk through the forest to beautiful emerald-green Wabby, Fraser's deepest lake and a favourite swimming hole. It's so completely different to the rest of the island's lakes and a real favourite of ours.
- Hammerstone Sandblow - trek over one of Fraser's vast desert-like sand blows - no wonder it's the world's largest sand island - to the beach!
- Eurong Beach Resort - for lunch we head to Eurong for their famous all-you-can-eat lunch buffet.
- Lake Birrabeen - if you loved Lake McKenzie then Birrabeen will allure you with its sparkling clear waters and dazzling white beaches... you won't be able to resist a dip. We think it's a great way to finish the tour!
Includes buffet breakfast and lunch.
After a comfort stop at Eurong Beach Resort you can either travel through to Rainbow Beach or return back to Kingfisher Bay Resort meet the 5.00pm ferry back to Hervey Bay, arriving at approximately 5.50pm... then we'll drop you straight to your Hervey Bay accommodation for some well earned rest! or if you are travelling through to Airlie Beach we can drop your off at the Hervey Bay Coach Terminal. If you are starting in Hervey Bay and want to finish in Rainbow Beach let us know when you are booking or prior to your arrival.
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions.