Why not combine your 2 day Cool Dingo Tour with an extra night before and after the tour to connect with your flights (flights not included). After each full-day tour, you'll return to the wilderness lodges for a refreshing shower, great buffet dinner, some Dingo Bar fun and a comfy night's sleep. You'll wake to bird song and a hearty buffet breakfast which will get you ready for the day's adventures.
If you're catching a plane around 12.30 from the Fraser Coast, we'd advise you catch the 7.50 ferry transfer just to be doubly sure you make it on time.
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Cool Dingo Tours. Please ask when booking or talk to your tour guide.
- Price: $545 quad or $676 twin/double
- Includes 2 Day / 1 Night Cool Dingo Tour; PLUS
- 2 extra nights accommodation.
- 2 extra breakfasts and dinners.
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included.
- If required Hervey Bay airport transfers - $23 per person return.
Choose and book your transfer time from Hervey Bay - the Kingfisher Passenger Ferry has five return services each day.
|Daily Ferry Transfer Timetable|
|Ferry Departs River Heads||06:45||09:00||12:30||15:30||18:45|
|Ferry Departs Kingfisher Jetty||07:50||10:30||14:00||17:00||20:30|
Make sure you check in at the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal (at River Heads) at least 30 minutes before departure.
After a 50 minute cruise to Fraser Island, arrive at Kingfisher Bay Resort to check in to your Wilderness Lodge accommodation and meet like-minded travellers from all over the world. Relax, chat with new friends, or head to the Jetty Hut for a cool beverage and a mango coloured sunset over water (island's are the only place you can experience this on the east coast)... or explore the resort and go for a swim.
Tonight you'll have our all-you-can-eat buffet dinner at the Dingo Bar and a comfy night's rest before your Fraser Island adventure begins. There's a regular shuttle service between your lodge accommodation and the resort - check transfer times with resort reception.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 1' 4WD TOUR
Enjoy a little sleep in and a big buffet breakfast, then meet your Cool Dingo ranger-guide at the Jetty Hut at 9.30am (when the other Cool Dingo passengers arrive from the 9.00am ferry). After the introductions and a quick briefing, your 4WD adventure begins!
Your guide is crazy about Fraser Island and wiling to share plenty of fact, figures and fascinating facts with you (as little or as much as you'd like). Cool Dingo guides know and love the island and will guide you to the island's most incredible spots, but also wow you with some of their favourite places. They're pretty quick to spot Fraser Island's wildlife and are happy to stop for a photo stop if dingoes, humpbacks or other creatures are around!
On a Cool Dingo tour, your guide stays with you for the entire time - they'll show you the ropes, probably tell bad jokes and make sure you get the most out of your time with us on the world's largest sand island. Plus, they're experts at navigating some of the 1500km of tracks on the island.
Today we check out some of Fraser's coolest inland sights including the historical heart of the island; we take to the tracks for a walk and we stop by the island's famous whispering creek!
- Basin Lake - first stop is a relaxed walk in to beautiful Basin Lake - you can get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles and just enjoy having this beautiful place to yourself!
- Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a once bustling logging camp. It's the historical heart of the island and there are some great interpretation displays if you're interested in knowing more about the logging history.
- Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this whispering creek - that's right, there are no rocks in the creek so it silently winds its way across the island - with lush green rainforest growing in sand and rare king ferns... just breathtaking.
- Pile Valley - The temperature drops in the middle of the island as towering Satinay trees and strangler figs fight for supremacy in the rainforest. There is a real Jurassic feel to this place... as you half expect monkeys and dinosaurs to crash out of the undergrowth.
- Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards. Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim in beautiful, fresh-water before heading back to Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO 'DAY 2' 4WD TOUR
Today you've got an early start so we can explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most stunning beach highway... but wait it's also a runway and make sure you buckle up as it's a gazetted highway and normal road rules apply.
- Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip - this gorgeous creek is always popular in the warmer months despite it's temperature! Walk, wade or float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek - which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily - to the seaside.
- Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser Island's most popular photo stops.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop... and they have a great Butchulla story of creation - just ask your guide.
- Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland - one of the only rocky spots in this sand wonderland - for awesome views north and south - you'll get an appreciation for just how big this island is. The ocean views are also second to none and prime spotting ground for for sharks, turtles, rays and humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
- Champagne Pools - Then, it's time to chill out in the bubbling ocean rock pools - so appropriately named The Champagne Pools. This place is popular all year-round.
To really get some perspective of the island, Air Fraser offers spectacular joy flights over the island. You take off and land on 75-Mile Beach and get a bird's eye view of the sand blows, rainforests (which look like broccoli from this height) and the sheer size of the island. You can book onboard with your guide (extra cost applies).
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
The last day
After spending an extra night on Fraser Island to relax and regroup, you'll wake up to Fraser Island's critters going about their business and make your way to the Dingo Bar for our brekkie breakfast before your return to Hervey Bay (see transfer times above). The day is yours to seek out as much action as you like or just relax beach or poolside with new mates...
Includes buffet breakfast.
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions.