Cool Dingo Tours NOW depart daily from Rainbow Beach - which gives you a lot more options when planning your east coast adventure. Bring a sense of adventure and get ready to bump across the island's famous sand tracks for three action-packed days on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island.
Crystal-clear Lake McKenzie, the historical heart of Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek, golden dunes, fresh water creeks, rusting ship wrecks... and if time permits our guides might show you some of their own special spots! Check out our galleries on this site, for a sneak peak at what's in store!
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Cool Dingo Tours. Please ask when booking or talk to your tour guide.
- Price: $460 quad or $530 twin/double
- 3 days of guided 4WD bus tours.
- 2 nights accommodation.
- 2 breakfasts + 3 lunches + 2 dinners.
- Return ferry transfers.
- Pick up & drop of from your local accommodation.
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included.
- Depart Fraser Island on the 5pm ferry to Hervey Bay or travel to Rainbow Beach.
Extra meals, great price, great savings.
Take time out from your hectic pace and stay on Fraser for an extra night AFTER your 4WD tour finishes - there's plenty to see, do and amuse or just CHILL and enjoy. Don't forget our Humpback Whale Watching season runs from 1 August till 31 October - Fraser Island's only one of two places in THE WORLD where Humpbacks take time out of their migration schedule to just relax and have fun - and our boats get up close to these giants.
Like our Humpback buddies, if you stay an extra night, you don't have to unpack and repack your gear straight away PLUS we'll help organise meals... just ask us!
- Price: $82 quad or $121 twin/double
- 1 extra nights accommodation
- 1 extra breakfast and dinner
RAINBOW BEACH is a party town... but the party continues on Fraser Island with our Cool Dingo Guides. It's a gorgeous spot and the highlight of many of our travellers Aussie adventures . Check us out on Trip Advisor to see what travellers have to say - we're currently sitting in the no 1 spot for Tours to Fraser and we're super proud of that.
Our khaki-clad Ranger guides including Hayden, Kirstey, Craig, Les, Damo and more are ready to show you the time of your life on the world's largest sand island... we'll travel along golden beaches; swim in secluded dune lakes (Yes, even in winter!); walk through sub-tropical rainforest to streams that flow silently into the undergrowth. But that's not all - if you want to socialise with your new found mates and relax at day's end - visit The Dingo Bar for an awesome night out!
Pick-ups from 7.30am daily
On your first day you will be picked up from your hostel in Rainbow Beach at 7.30am and transferred to Inskip Point to meet the Fraser barge. Once on the world's largest sand island, we'll drive up the eastern beach (you'll have dunes to your left and the Coral Sea to your right) to Eurong Beach Resort. We then head inland to Lake McKenzie where you will meet the rest of your group and your Cool Dingo guide/driver.
You'll need to have a day-pack ready to go with you when you're picked up from Rainbow Beach. Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, essential medication and of course a camera in your day bag! For a sneak peak of what to expect, why not check us out on Facebook!
What you'll see
Your guide is an expert at reading tides and conditions to help YOU get the most out of your time on the island PLUS they're locals, so they know the best spots to show you! If you like a little knowledge, they'll wow you with fascinating facts (as much or as little as you'd like) about the island's history, fauna and flora and feel free to ask them questions. They'll also keep an eye out for dingoes, migrating Humpback Whales on the eastern beach and other interesting wildlife and are happy to stop for photo stops when they spot things!
Your Cool Dingo guide stays with you for the entire tour and promises cool times or the dingo eats his hat! Plus you'll have time out at the end of the day to hang out with your new friends OR meet other travellers in the famous Dingo Bar.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 1' 4WD TOUR
Today we check out some of Fraser's coolest, sub-tropical inland sights.
- Basin Lake - first stop is beautiful Basin Lake - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles - in this delightful perched dune lake! It's a cool, easy walk through bushland... and it's an awesome feeling when you arrive at this little oasis in the sand.
- Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp. Queensland Parks and Wildlife have set up a small information centre and displays if you're keen to know more about Fraser's logging past.
- Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... it's simply breathtaking. Keep your eyes peeled for eels and catfish - which are easily spotted in the clear water.
- Pile Valley - check out the giant satinay trees on this forest walk through sub-tropical rainforest... it's incredible that these forest giants grow completely in sand... and makes a cool pic for you to post on social media sites or send back to your friends and family at home.
- Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards. Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim before heading back to Kingfisher Bay Resort. Check out our Facebook photo albums - the crystal-clear water has to be seen to be believed!
Includes picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 2' 4WD TOUR
Today, we've got an early start as we travel through the spine of the island and explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most gorgeous beach highway... which also doubles as an airstrip!
- Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek - which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily - to the seaside. The creek changes direction every once in a while, so we never know quite what to expect.
- Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser Island's coolest photo stops.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds, oranges, ochres and creams really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop.
- Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome island and ocean views (that's the Coral Sea)... look out for giant sea turtles, sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
- Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won't want to leave this gorgeous spot!
- Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies) - and make sure you get a photo as the plane takes off on sand - your friends back home won't believe it, unless they see it for themselves.
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 3' 4WD TOUR
Today, we slow the place slightly and visit a few of Fraser Island's lesser well known beauty spots. As this is our last day on island, don't forget to take your luggage with you if you are returning to Rainbow Beach.
- Lake Wabby - walk through cool rainforest to beautiful emerald-green Wabby, Fraser's deepest lake is actually a creek that has been dammed by a massive sand blow - and is a pretty cool swimming hole. It's so completely different to the rest of the island's lakes and a real favourite of ours.
- Hammerstone Sandblow - Trek over one of Fraser's vast, desert-like sand blows - no wonder it's the world's largest sand island - to the eastern beach.
- Eurong Beach Resort - for lunch we head to Eurong for their famous all-you-can-eat lunch buffet... just the thing for hungry tourists!
- Lake Birrabeen - if you loved Lake McKenzie then Lake Birrabeen will charm, with its sparkling clear waters and dazzling white beaches... you won't be able to resist a dip. We think it's a great way to finish the tour!
Includes buffet breakfast and lunch.
After a comfort stop at Eurong Beach Resort you will join the transfer bus back down the beach to Rainbow Beach. Or if you wish you can head to Hervey Bay on the 5pm ferry which gets you back into Hervey Bay at 6.30pm (it's perfect timing, if you are travelling onwards to Airlie Beach). If you want to head back to Hervey Bay, please make sure that you mention this at the time of booking.
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions but our guides are super experienced at handling the conditions and helping you get the most out of your time on Fraser!