AUSSIE BUSH TUCKER TASTING
What does the most comprehensive touring itinerary on Fraser Island include? An exclusive Aussie bush tucker tasting experience of course!
Our curated tasting menu will have you try native berries bursting with flavour, and enjoy the refreshing citrus of lemon myrtle, as our Resort Ranger team explain how these ingredients can be utilised to cook your next Australian dish.
Many of the ingredients are grown on Fraser Island and handpicked by our resort Chefs. Other ingredients not found on island are carefully sourced from Australian suppliers.
What you’ll experience!
- Emu (Dromaius novaehollandiae)
- Crocodile (Crocodylinae)
- Kangaroo (Macropus rufus)
- Macadamia Nuts (Macadamia integrifolia)
- Pepperberry (Tasmannia lanceolata)
- Finger Lime (Citrus australasica)
- Creek Lillypilly (Syzygium australe)
- Lemon Myrtle (Backhousia citriodora)
- Cinnamon Myrtle (Backhousia myrtifolia)
You don’t have to try everything on the list – but we do recommend giving the pepperberries a try! You'll be in for a surprise...