We can’t upgrade your life, but we can upgrade your accommodation! This 3 Day 2 Night Tour has you staying in award-winning four-star resort hotel accommodation at Kingfisher Bay Resort. You’ll need a sense of humour as you set out for three jam-packed days on the world's largest sand island. Discover some of Fraser Island's most iconic sites including the rusting wreck of the SS Maheno, beautiful Lake McKenzie, the historical heart; Central Station and Wanggoolba Creek, golden dunes and fresh water creeks... and if time permits your guide might even show you their own special bits!
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Cool Dingo Tours. Please ask when booking or talk to your tour guide.
- Price: $600 triple or $645 twin/double
- 3 days of guided 4WD bus tours.
- 2 nights accommodation.
- 1 queen and 1 king single bed.
- Private ensuite bathroom.
- Large private deck.
- Flat screen TV.
- 2 buffet breakfasts at the Maheno Restaurant.
- 3 lunches on tour.
- 2 x $20 dinner vouchers per person - use these vouchers toward dinner at either Maheno or Seabelle Restaurants or you can head up to the Dingo Bar and join your new tour mates for a buffet dinner!
- Return ferry transfers.
- Pick up & drop of from your local accommodation.
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included.
- Depart Fraser Island on the 5pm ferry to Hervey Bay or travel to Rainbow Beach.
Extra meals, great price, great savings.
Take time out from your hectic pace and head to Fraser the day before your 4WD tour starts. You won't have to unpack and repack your gear straight away, we'll help organise meals... and you can enjoy a sleep in or explore more!
Or stay an extra day after your tour to relax with new mates before you hit the road again.
- Price: $91 triple or $121.50 twin/double
- 1 extra nights accommodation.
- 1 extra buffet breakfast in the Maheno restaurant.
Get flashy and upgrade your tour without missing any of the awesome bits of Fraser Island! You stay in private, four-star resort hotel accommodation AND tour the world's largest sand island... Trek through sub-tropical rainforest, swim in crystal blue dune lakes and spot unique Fraser wildlife. With this tour, you can either end each day with a relaxed dinner in a resort Restaurant or head up to The Dingo Bar for a buffet dinner and an awesome night out with your new tour buddies.
Departs 9.00am daily
Check in to the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal (at River Heads) by 8.15am, or, for a hassle free alternative, let us know where you're staying and we'll pick you up between 7.00 and 8.00am. Your Cool Dingo Tour departs at 9.00am on the Kingfisher Bay Resort Ferry, the ride to Fraser Island, across the Great Sandy Strait is around 50 minutes. Your Cool Dingo Ranger-guide will meet you at the resort's jetty and after the group introductions and a quick briefing, your 4WD adventure on Fraser begins!
Your tour starts as soon you land on Fraser Island so have a day-pack ready before you check in at the Kingfisher Bay Mainland Terminal. Don't forget to pack your sunscreen, sunglasses, swimmers, towel, hat and insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, essential medication and of course a camera! Your main backpack or other luggage will be delivered to your hotel room at Kingfisher Bay Resort for you to access in the afternoon.
What you'll see
Your local guide’s passion for Fraser Island will be infectious, and not only will they take you to the island's most iconic sights, but also blow you away with countless facts about the island's history, fauna and flora. They'll also keep an eye out for dingoes and other interesting wildlife and are happy to stop for photo stops when they spot things!
Your guide stays with you for the entire tour and promises to give you a fun time or the cool dingo eats his hat!
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 1' 4WD TOUR
Today we check out some of Fraser's coolest, sub-tropical inland sights.
- Lake McKenzie - White sandy beaches and turquoise blue waters makes Lake McKenzie even prettier than the postcards. Enjoy a refreshing swim before a delicious picnic lunch. Check out our pics on Facebook - the colour of the water has to be seen to be believed!
- Basin Lake - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles - in this delightful perched dune lake! It's a cool, easy walk through bushland... and it's an awesome feeling when you arrive at this little oasis in the sand.
- Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... it's simply breathtaking. Keep your eyes peeled for eels and catfish - which are easily spotted in the clear water.
- Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp. Queensland Parks and Wildlife have set up a small information centre and displays if you're keen to know more about Fraser's logging past.
- Pile Valley – check out the giant satinay trees on this forest walk through sub-tropical rainforest... it's incredible that these forest giants grow completely in sand... and makes a cool pic for you to post on social media sites or send back to your friends and family at home.
Includes picnic lunch and a dinner voucher.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 2' 4WD TOUR
Today, we travel through the heart of the island and out explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most gorgeous beach highway (which also doubles as an airstrip!). So it’s an early start…
- Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won't want to leave this gorgeous spot!
- Indian Head - trek to the top of this rocky headland for stunning island and ocean views (that's the Coral Sea)... look out for giant sea turtles, sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
- Elia Creek - Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek, a great spot for a refreshing dip! The creek changes direction every so often, so we never know quite what to expect.
- Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome island and ocean views... look out for sharks, rays and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov).
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - These vibrant sand cliffs are filled with all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds, oranges, ochres and creams really) and are a favourite photo stop.
- Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a freak cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser Island's coolest photo ops.
- Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies) - and make sure you get a photo as the plane takes off on sand - your friends back home won't believe it, unless they see it for themselves.
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and a dinner voucher.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 3' 4WD TOUR
Today, we visit a few of Fraser Island's lesser frequented beauty spots and knock the pace back slightly. Don't forget to take your luggage with you if you are returning to Rainbow Beach, otherwise leave it in the luggage room at Kingfisher Bay Resort to be delivered back to the Mainland.
- Hammerstone Sandblow - Trek from the eastern beach, over one of Fraser's vast, desert-like sand blows toward your next destination...
- Lake Wabby - The beautiful emerald-green Wabby, Fraser's deepest lake is actually a creek that has been dammed by Hammerstone Sandblow - and is a pretty cool swimming hole. It's completely different to the rest of the island's lakes and one of our favourites.
- Eurong Beach Resort - for lunch we head to Eurong for their famous all-you-can-eat lunch buffet... just the thing for a hungry flashpacker!
- Lake Birrabeen - Liked Lake McKenzie? Then you’ll be amazed by Lake Birrabeen, with its sparkling clear waters and dazzling white beaches... you won't be able to resist a dip or maybe even a turn on our FREE stand-up paddle boards… We think it's the perfect way to finish the tour!
Includes buffet breakfast and lunch.
At the end of the day, there will be a comfort stop at Eurong Beach Resort if you’re heading off to Rainbow Beach, you will join the transfer bus back down the beach. If you are heading out via Hervey Bay we will transfer you back to catch the 5pm ferry which arrives into Hervey Bay at 6.30pm (perfect timing, if you are travelling onwards to Airlie Beach). Either way, when you make your booking, just let us know where you want to end your tour.
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions but our guides are super experienced at handling the conditions and helping you get the most out of your time on Fraser!