Your favourite Fraser Island tour for 18-35's NOW leaves daily from Rainbow Beach as well as from Hervey Bay - giving you twice the choice when it comes to planning your east coast itinerary.
Tours ex Rainbow Beach give you two days and one night of action packed fun immersed in Fraser Island's pristine wild... and end in Hervey Bay - so there's no wasted travelling time as you continue your journey on the mainland! Our cool guides have some pretty corny jokes, but they're serious about taking you to some of island's coolest spots! Check out our gallery below, for a taste of what you can expect.
Once touring is finished 8.30pm ferry will take you to Hervey Bay (arriving at approximately 9.30pm) and then we'll drop you straight to your Hervey Bay accommodation for some well deserved rest.
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Cool Dingo Tours. Please ask when booking or talk to your tour guide.
- Price: $360 quad or $415 twin/double
- 2 days of guided 4WD bus tours.
- 1 night accommodation.
- 1 breakfast + 2 lunches + 2 dinners.
- Return ferry transfers.
- Pick up & drop of from your local accommodation.
- National Park Permit Levy and Fees included.
- Depart Fraser Island on the 8.30pm ferry to Hervey Bay.
Extra meals, great price, great savings.
Forget the hassles of packing and unpacking and take advantage of our POST night add-ons which include buffet dinner and breakfast at the Dingo Bar, Wilderness Lodge accommodation and use of facilities at Kingfisher Bay Resort.
- Price: $82 quad or $121 twin/double
- 1 extra nights accommodation
- 1 extra breakfast and dinner
Rainbow Beach, Fraser Island, 75-Mile Beach, The Champagne Pools, Wanggoolba Creek, Kingfisher Bay, Eli Creek, Indian Head and more... your Cool Dingo Tour of Fraser Island is going to be one that you'll long remember on your Aussie Adventure - visit our Facebook photo albums for a sneak peak at what's in store... or check out our itinerary below...
Pick-ups from 7.30am daily
On your first day you will be picked up from your hostel in Rainbow Beach from 7.30am for the start of your World Heritage adventure. From Rainbow, we travel to Inskip Point (at the southern end of Fraser Island) to meet the barge. Once on island, we will drive up the beach to Eurong Beach Resort and then swing inland to Lake McKenzie, where you will meet the rest of your group and guide/driver for the next three awesome days of adventure.
You'll need to have a day-pack ready (with everything you'll need for the day's touring). Don't forget to pack your swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses, essential medication and your camera. Water will be provided, but a water bottle is always handy.
What you'll see
Your guide is a local and an expert on Fraser's colourful marine visitors, native animals and bird life; they'll also be able to give you the history of the island and spin the odd joke or two. You'll be whisked off over sand tracks to explore some of the island's most beautiful, natural spots - but they'll also wow you with fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora.
Keep an eye out for dingoes - which are probably the island's most famous animal - but please remember they're a wild animal so don't feed them. What you may not already know is that we have more than 354 species of birds PLUS migrating humpback whales can often be seen off the eastern beach each July to November!
On a Cool Dingo tour, your guide stays with you for the entire trip - and they guarantee a fun and entertaining time... or the cool dingo eats his hat!
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 1' 4WD TOUR
Today we check out some of Fraser Island's coolest inland sights.
- Basin Lake - first stop is a walk to beautiful Basin Lake along sand tracks - get up close and personal with the resident freshwater turtles in this gorgeous little dune lake.
- Central Station - no trains or whistles here - just peaceful, ancient rainforest and the reminders of a former, once bustling logging camp.
- Wanggoolba Creek - walk along the banks of this silent flowing creek with lush green rainforest and rare king ferns... it's Mother Nature at her best!
- Pile Valley - check out the towering, red satinay trees in this rich sub-tropical forest... real giants!
- Lake McKenzie - with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, picture perfect Lake McKenzie is even prettier than the postcards. Enjoy a refreshing afternoon swim before heading back to Kingfisher Bay.
Includes picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
COOL DINGO ‘DAY 2' 4WD TOUR
An early start to explore Seventy-Five Mile Beach, the world's most amazing beach highway - which also doubles as a landing strip for Air Fraser Island's scenic tour planes - so there's plenty to see and do and the beach changes daily. As this is your last day, don't forget to leave take your luggage with you if you are returning to Rainbow Beach.
- Eli Creek - a great spot for a refreshing dip on a warm Queensland day! Float down this fast-flowing freshwater creek - which pours out 80 megalitres of water daily - to the seaside.
- Maheno Shipwreck - washed ashore during a cyclone in 1935, this rusting wreck is one of Fraser's most iconic photo stops and has a really interesting history. It's a popular spot for most visitors to Fraser Island.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - With all the colours of the rainbow (well just the reds really) these vibrant sand cliffs are another favourite photo stop... and don't forget to ask your guide about the Aboriginal story of its creation.
- Indian Head - climb to the top of this rocky headland for awesome beach and ocean views... look out for sharks, rays, giant sea turtles, schools of fish and migrating humpback whales (Jul - Nov) - just keep your eyes peeled for the telltale spouts of water or giant splashes as they leap out of the water.
- Champagne Pools - chill out in these bubbling ocean rock pools, you won't want to leave! These tidal pools change daily, but it's always a highlight to sit in salt water, with the sound of the ocean behind you; sand dunes in front and little fish going about their business around you.
- And don't forget Air Fraser offers spectacular scenic flights over the island - book with your guide on tour (extra cost applies).
Includes buffet breakfast, picnic lunch and buffet dinner.
Your Cool Dingo Tour returns to Kingfisher Bay Resort in the late afternoon. Wind down and enjoy a relaxed dinner before departing on the 8.30pm ferry back to Hervey Bay (arriving at approximately 9.30pm)... then we'll drop you straight to your Hervey Bay accommodation for some well-earned rest!
Please note - touring order and itinerary may vary due to tides, seasons and weather conditions - but our guides are EXPERTS at reading the weather and conditions and delivering you the best tour possible.